What is Reiki ?
What is Reiki ?
Reiki is a Japanese word and is pronounced Ray-Key.
Rei is defined as Universal
Ki is defined as Life Energy
Reiki is a natural system of energy healing. It is transferred by the therapist gently placing their hands in a series of non-intrusive positions on or near the recipient’s body whilst they lay down on a therapy bed, fully clothed, whilst relaxing. No massage is involved in the therapy and the whole person is treated rather than specific areas of the body and mind.
How does Reiki Work?
Reiki energy enhances the body’s own natural ability to heal itself. This ancient form of hands on healing was re-discovered in the late 19th century by Dr Mikao Usui. Reiki is a natural healing energy that works on the physical, emotional and spiritual level.
Verified Reiki Practitioner
Being a Verified Reiki Practitioner means that I meet National Occupational Standards for Reiki as well as the educational standards for professional practice set by the Reiki Council. I am also registered with the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) which means that I am certified to practice in hospitals and other care settings.
Benefits of Reiki
- Can clear blocked energy channels, promoting total relaxation.
- Supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
- Can help transmute pain, illness and disease.
- Can raise human vibrational frequency, strengthen aura’s, cleanse and balance.
- Can balance emotions and help us to let go of deep emotional patterns or ties.
- Reiki will enhance any form of treatment, therapy, medicine or natural remedy.
- No special faith or skill is required to practice or receive Reiki.
- Is pure and simple and is one of the most ancient forms of healing in use today.
Relaxing Hand & Foot Massage
This traditional and effective massage is excellent for relieving stress and improving circulation. The treatment is both relaxing and stimulating and helps to balance the body to good health. This is the ultimate therapeutic and popular massage of the hands, lower legs and feet.
Indian Head Massage
A treatment consists of massaging the upper back, neck, scalp and face normally whilst seated. Indian Head Massage will soothe away stress and tension, leaving you relaxed, revitalised and re-energised. This is a very popular treatment, perfect for promoting a calm mind, a stress-free body and for maintaining optimum health. The therapeutic effects of Indian Head massage last long after the treatment is over and will leave you feeling calm and relaxed. Use of oils during this treatment is optional.